Institute of Sustainability Studies respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of users of the Institute of Sustainability Studies website and associated online properties. We are complying with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). We are aware that, as a user of this website, you care about the security and privacy of your information. The purpose of this Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this website. You should not use this website if you are not happy with this Notice. By visiting this website, you are accepting the terms of this Notice. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of those other websites. When we link to another website it does not constitute an endorsement of that website by the Institute of Sustainability Studies.
Information we collect
We retain two types of information:
(a) “Non-Personal Data” You can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and anonymous basis from all visitors to our Website. This “Non-Personal Data” comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as your domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the website that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
(b) “Personal Data” “Personal Data” is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. Personal Data is collected only with your knowledge and permission and is retained by Institute of Sustainability Studies in a secure manner.
If you choose not to provide Personal Data, you can still browse and use the website, but certain functions/services may not be available without providing the necessary Personal Data.
Purposes and lawful basis for which we hold and use your Information.
(a) If you register with the Institute of Sustainability Studies for our newsletter or download an ebook/course you may be asked to provide personal data such as your email address. The company is relying on your consent (opt in) as the legal basis for processing this data. If you choose to opt-out, we will not retain any personal data relating to you. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each mailing.
(b) If you complete the “contact” option on our website (as described above), you will be asked to provide personal data such as your name, email address, and phone number. The Company is relying on legitimate interest as the legal basis for processing this data, and we will/will not retain your details.
(c) If you complete the request for further information, you will be asked to provide personal data such as your name, email address and phone number. The Company is relying on legitimate interest as the legal basis for processing this data, and we will/will not retain your details.
Personal Data is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us, apart from your IP address, which is considered personal data under the GDPR and this is collected by the cookies that the Institute of Sustainability Studies uses on this website.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to outside parties. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential as part of their contract with the Institute of Sustainability Studies and keep the information confidential.
We may release your personal data where compliance with legal requirements is a necessity. We reserve the right to enforce our site policies in order to protect our rights and the rights of other individuals in a manner that is safe and compliant with the law.
We may transfer your data outside the EU.
Unless subject to an exemption (under the GDPR), you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to find out if the Institute of Sustainability Studies holds personal information about you. You have the right to be given a description of the personal data and to be told the purpose(s) for holding your information;
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Institute of Sustainability Studies holds about you;
- The right to request that the Institute of Sustainability Studies corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Institute of Sustainability Studies to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, if consent is the condition for processing;
- The right to request that Institute of Sustainability Studies provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission.
The Institute of Sustainability Studies takes its security responsibilities very seriously, including by employing appropriate physical and technical security measures, and generating awareness, and regular reviews of these responsibilities. We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Data you volunteer. You accept that any information or message you send to the Institute of Sustainability Studies website may be intercepted or read by others. You hereby acknowledge and accept that we have no responsibility and shall accept no liability whatsoever for loss, injury or damage occasioned by the interception by third parties of your transmissions, or the disclosure of information, nor do we offer any guarantees, warranties or indemnities as to the security or otherwise of any information which you volunteer. Online payments are processed by Stripe and Paypal (other online payment providers may be used from time to time). Please review their own privacy statement before usage. Any external links provided on our website are not an endorsement by the Institute of Sustainability Studies. Please refer to those specific website’s own privacy statements before usage.
Sale of Business
We reserve the right to transfer information (including your Personal Data) to a third party in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, receivership or transfer of all or substantially all of the assets of our company provided that the third party agrees to adhere to the terms of the Website Privacy Notice and provided that the third party only uses your Personal Data for the purposes that you provided it to us. You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded an opportunity to opt-out.
This Privacy Notice will be the subject of change and the use of information that we gather shall be subject to the privacy notice in effect.